EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMS
Families of young children enjoy an array of early learning and support services designed to ensure children successfully reach their developmental milestones and move along the path from home to preschool to success in the classroom. To achieve this success, CoStars by Best Point Education & Behavioral Health collaborates with families, schools and community stakeholders to help young children become the STARS they are meant to be.
CoStars by Best Point Education & Behavioral Health offers many programs for young children and their families.
From services focused on development and learning to summer fun on our campus, there are a variety of resources to meet even the youngest child’s needs. These include:
Early Care and Education: CoStars offers high quality childcare that nurtures children’s healthy development and school readiness. In alignment with Ohio’s Step-Up-To-Quality rating system, these programs are staffed with highly skilled teachers that advance early learning through the use of early childhood assessments and developmentally appropriate curriculum. We accept childcare vouchers and are an approved Preschool Promise provider.
CoStars Early Education Center – Madisonville: A 5-Star Step-up to Quality program offering preschool services in a safe and nurturing environment designed to prepare children ages three to five to enter kindergarten ready to learn. Our hours are 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
CoStars Early Education Center – Westwood: A 4-Star Step-up to Quality program offering early care and education in a safe and nurturing environment for infants, toddlers, and preschool children. Before and after school care also available for kindergarten children through age 12. Our hours are 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
School Readiness Programs: Using various best practices Best Point Education & Behavioral Health offers a continuum of early learning and development opportunities for children three to six years of age. Working alongside parents and guardians, this programming ensures young children develop the literacy, cognitive and social emotional skills needed for future success.
- SPARK – Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids: Supporting Partnerships to Assure Ready Kids is a family-focused kindergarten readiness program that uses a home visitation model to prepare 3-5 year olds for a successful transition to kindergarten. This program enhances a parent’s or guardian’s ability to be their child’s first and most important teacher.
- HIPPY: Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters is a family literacy and home visitation program for low-income families that helps parents prepare their children for school success in kindergarten and beyond. Data shows that children and families who participate in HIPPY have improved academic performance in school, increased parent involvement and improved school attendance and classroom behavior.
Check out this video of how HIPPY benefits our community!
- Kaleidoscope Play & Learn© groups are available in local communities for families with children birth through age six. Facilitators lead young children and their parents/caregivers through a play experience designed to promote children’s cognitive, language and social emotional development.
Additional Early Childhood Initiatives:
Best Point Education & Behavioral Health is proud to be a member of several community initiatives that foster the social emotional wellness of children and their parents. Many families with young children experience stress in our community that is often related to living in poverty or being exposed to violence or substance use. To help lessen the impact of this stress, promote family resilience and ensure parents are well-positioned to meet the growing needs of their children, we offer the following programs:
- Resilient Children and Families Program: Provides training and consultation for early childhood programs that promotes protective factors and resilience for enrolled children & their families.
- Every Child Succeeds: A home visitation service for at-risk parents to ensure an optimal start in life for their children.
After-School Enrichment: A school-based program offering social and educational experiences for children ages five to 12 from the end of the academic school day until 6 P.M. Designed to support social emotional learning and school success. Refer a Child.
Camp-I-Can: A 10-week summer camp combining recreational play, summer bridging activities & creative experiences. Focused on enhancing creativity, leadership, and social skills; 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Mon.-Fri., June – mid-August; child care vouchers accepted.
Educational Evaluations: The Olympus Center at Best Point Education & Behavioral Health provides comprehensive education evaluations to help identify learning challenges in children, teens and adults.
For more information about early childhood programs at Best Point Education & Behavioral Health, call 513.272.2800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Cafés: Caring for children can be overwhelming. Parent Cafés offer an opportunity for any caregiver of children to learn from
each other, share worries, and come up with new parenting ideas. It’s an evening of connecting with other adults in our
community – about what is important to all of us – OUR CHILDREN!
For more information about parent cafes including dates and events, as well as to register, click the link above or call 513.272.2800. You can also email Tricia Glass at email@example.com. You may also register here.